Quote Tattoos, don’t get one until you read this! There are some facts you must know before having quote tattoos placed on your body. Follow along here and you will learn what you should consider before getting a quote tattoo.
Having words inked on the body instead of a picture or drawing is something more and more people are doing today.
There are some very meaningful tattoo quote phrases available that a person can choose from and it can become a tattoo on any of a number of areas of the body. Doing this will allow the tattoo to serve as a constant reminder of the message.
However, there are some very important considerations you must think through in advance.
1. Make sure you use a tattoo artist that is very experienced at doing tattoo phrases. You want to work with an artist that is expert at drawing script and letters. Make sure you see examples of their work in advance. The lettering for tattoos like these is going to be small so you want an artist that knows what he or she is doing and does not allow the letters to run together.
2. Make sure the lettering you choose is a style and font that can be easily read. Of course if you don’t want the words easily ready you can go in the opposite direction and have it done with a hard to read script. Generally it is best not to go for lettering that is too small. Over time small letters will begin running together and become impossible to read.
3. Consider carefully where you will have the tattoo placed on your body. This is always important for a tattoo, but even more so for a quote tattoo. As you age your body will change. Some areas of the body grow larger, some areas shrink and sag. Consider what is likely to happen to the area of the body where the lettering will be placed as you get older.
4. Think about what will be the best ink color for your tattoo saying. In most cases the artist will suggest black. That is a color that will display best and wear best over time. It is also the color that is least likely to fade.
5. Shorter inspirational phrases are generally better. There are not many areas on the body where long phrases can be inked. You will have more choices with a shorter phrase.
6. Finally, consider carefully what the tattoo will say. Think about what the words mean and consider if you will want to be wearing that same message when you are older.