Getting a tattoo is the most fashionable trend happening everywhere, but if you wish to get one, try getting one in some unique place to become a trend setter. One of the coolest places to get a tattoo is the ankle. Not many men get inked at that place, though some associate it with girls, ankle tattoos for men are hot. Now it’s not one of the places where it is easily viewed, so it’s ideal for people who don’t wish to flash their tattoos under everyone else’s noses.
Ankle tattoos for men are bigger in design than women’s and is likely to be more painful as it is a bony area with very little fat and muscle content. Healing time is a bit longer, but in the end, the effort is all worth it, especially if you choose a meaningful cool design. Some of the hippest ankle tattoo designs are given below to get your mental juices flowing and to get inspired.
• Dragons- Every dragon can be unique in design and colour and since they are mythical creatures, a lot of mystique and uniqueness is added to it. They start a bit above the ankle and up in the lower section.
• Flames – Done on both the ankles, red and yellowish flames look striking against any skin tone, its masculine and oozes wickedness with an attitude.
• Tribal – In case you can’t decide on what to choose, get a tribal design done just above your ankle, in a circular manner. Tribal patterns just can’t go wrong and are done up in black.
• Knots – A Celtic design consisting of knots in a circular manner can reflect the intricacy of the work at the same time oozing masculinity. It can be done in greenish black tones and you don’t necessarily have to be Irish to get one.
• Converse shoes laces – This is such a cool and unique design, it will have women as well as men appreciating your art, it’s simple in design but has a bold statement to say. It’s just an outline of the laces with no colours as such. It starts from around the ankle (laces in a twirl) to the lower foot. In this case a minimalistic approach is the best way forward.
• Skeleton of the foot – Another cool design, starting from the ankle working downwards, it’s a striking example of artistry, not necessarily macabre or nerdy, but oozing coolness.
• A sun and moon in one – A black outline with yellowish tones can look quite cool and unique. It reflects the duality of nature and man. It’s usually done above the ankle.
• Pirate skull – Wickedly unique in the pirate hat with a grinning skull, shows a good sense of humour of the wearer. It’s done in grey with the hat in brown or black.